Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: November 2002:
metadata and localfolders

To: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: metadata and localfolders
From: Rolf Eric <stockholm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 06 Nov 2002 09:18:40 +0000

Me again, we did a wide-system installation after my manuel
installation. So now we have 3.99.3 and that seams to differs from the
3.99.1 single user system that I did manualy.

The /.offlineimaprc /file in //root// have the location /~/.offlineimap/
as the metadata path. But then in each account settings, in this
/.offlineimaprc/ file, I have specified in detail where to store the
localfolders in /localfodlers = /home/vodajan/Maildir//.

Before succeding with the wide system installation I kind of used a
single user system that read the same config file in the root's
homedirectory as the wide system do now. Then the folders of each
account was saved and synced form that /localfolders/ path and did not,
as it do now, store them all in the path
/~/.offlineimap/<accountname>/<foldername>/. Why this behavior? What is
the right behavior so I know how to adjust my sturcture.

Thank you for your time!!!

With regards,

Rolf Eric