Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: October 2002:
Re: trouble installing offlineimap on gentoo

To: Bobby Arnold <rra@xxxxxx>
Cc: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: trouble installing offlineimap on gentoo
From: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 18:49:14 -0500

Hello Bobby,

Thanks for writing.

On Mon, Oct 14, 2002 at 04:59:46AM +0000, Bobby Arnold wrote:

> I only need offlineimap for a single user, so per the manual I tried just
> executing ./offlineimap
> in ~/offlineimap-3.99.0/bin, and I get:

That's not what the manual said; it said to run:

PYTHONPATH=. bin/offlineimap

In OfflineIMAP 3.99.1 (which you should upgrade to for unrelated bugfixes
anyway), you can now run:

./offlineimap.py

from the OfflineIMAP top-level directory.  This should make things easier.

> Now, with offlineimap installed in /usr/bin, simply typing "offlineimap"
> produces the following:
>
> IOError: [Errno 21] Is a directory

This seems to indicate that ~/.offlineimaprc is, somehow, a directory
instead of a file.  You might want to double-check that ~/.offlineimaprc is
indeed a file and not a directory :-)