Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: March 2007:
[linux-help] replacement system

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] replacement system
From: Tom Hull <thull2@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2007 18:47:24 -0600

We had a couple of computers stolen over the weekend,
including one I built from scratch in late 2005. I need
to replace this system pretty quickly. The system is
described here:

   http://tomhull.com/ocston/tech/amd-05.php

I haven't followed the technology since then, let alone
kept track of what works and might not -- indeed, I made
some mistakes at the time, e.g. the ASUS motherboard
couldn't recognize the SATA drive. I'd appreciate some
suggestions of what to look for. I wouldn't mind going
for a somewhat more upscale system. One thing I was
pleased with was the ease in updating Ubuntu, so I
figure I'll stick with that. I also thought the Antec
Sonata II case was very nice.

Please reply direct (not to list). Thanks.

--
/*
  *  Tom Hull * http://tomhull.com/