Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: February 2003:
[linux-help] Re: cablemodem question

To: <linux-help@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [linux-help] Re: cablemodem question
From: "gLaNDix (Jesse Kaufman)" <glandix@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2003 00:50:17 -0600

> Also, a traceroute is a good tool to have.  I like mtr, which is somewhat
> like a continuous traceroute.  It can provide more accurate statistical
> information than a standard traceroute can.  With that, you should be
able
> to tell if you're even getting off their network.  Try running it when
> everything is OK and again when it's down and note the difference.

thanks for the tip on mtr...  quite a nice tool! :)  i'm going to keep
playing with it, but it's telling quite a different story after i replaced
all my cables and splitter...  the % of packet loss to 68.103.44.1 (the
first hop from my router) is quite a bit lower than it was w/ the old
cables...  i'll keep testing (haven't tried to keep an ssh session outside
my LAN open yet) and see what happens...  *crosses fingers* :)

gLaNDix