Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: December 2002:
[linux-help] Re: Weird Opera problem

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] Re: Weird Opera problem
From: bruce <bbales@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 21:18:47 -0600

On Wednesday 04 December 2002 08:47 pm, you wrote:
> bruce wrote:
> > when I click on opera's continue button.
>
> what do you mean "click on opera's continue button"

Thanks for answering, Robert.
When you restart opera, it gives you four choices, one is "do
you want to continue with the screens you were looking at?"
Actually, the button is labelled Start.
I've been very happy with 6.03 since mid-October and this
problem just started yesterday.  It's usually on 24/7.

> i don't have a registered copy of opera; however,
> this 6.01 version in
>
> > /usr/bin/opera is only 72 lines long and line 72 reads only
> >
> > $OPERA "$@"

I suspect the "$@" refers to an argument passed to opera, but I
don't understand enough about strace to get anywhere with it.

> /usr/bin/opera on this system is also 72 lines
> line 72 reads only $OPERA "$@"
>
> threads on the newsgroup linux.opers show the same problem
> you're experiencing you might want to check out those threads
> and move up to 7 or back to 5

I just found out today that version 7 is available.  I think
it's still beta, though.  Maybe that's my best bet.
Thanks again, bruce