Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: November 2002:
[linux-help] Re: How to enable SSL in Konqueror and Mozilla

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] Re: How to enable SSL in Konqueror and Mozilla
From: "gLaNDix (Jesse Kaufman)" <glandix@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 22:24:45 -0600

i don't know about mozilla, but konqueror seems to support it by default.
i've used a number of SSL sites w/o ever touching any config.  depending on
how the certs are setup, they might have to click whether or not to accept
the cert and for how long (forever / current session only).  other than that,
i haven't done a thing and it has worked.

NOTE: I am using KDE-3.0.x, but iirc, i did as much (or rather as little) work
w/ KDE-2.x.  This has been done on Mandrake-8.x, Mandrake-9.0, Slackware-8.x,
and FreeBSD-4.3 on my systems.  The site I am testing against is both my work
webmail server and the online banking site for my bank.

I just tested it with Moz-1.1 and it worked w/o a hitch here (Mandrake-9.0).
Any ideas on what sort of errors they are getting?

gLaNDix