Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: October 2002:
[linux-help] Which distro is best for...

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] Which distro is best for...
From: John Heffington <john1982@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 16:31:57 -0500

Which distro is best for laptop installtion. I had heard that SuSE and=20
Mandrake were really good about it. I am not too fond of Mandrake and I l=
ike=20
SuSE alot, except that I don't get sound after KDE loads and that the pow=
er=20
management is not set up properly. I like RH also, haven't really had any=
=20
problems with it. Could I meet with someone this weekend a possibly get a=
=20
copy of RH 8.0??? Will trade for a copy of my SuSE 8.1 personal edition. =
BTW,=20
I have been kind of wanting to sell my laptop so I can build myself a new=
=20
desktop machine. If anyone is interested, please email me!! Thanks!!