Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: August 2002:
[linux-help] Re: Saving to a floppy disk

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] Re: Saving to a floppy disk
From: Lowell Premer <lowell@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2002 09:26:55 -0500 (CDT)

I ididn't know that mount wouldn't put your /dev/fd0 wherever you told it
to; I'd never tried to ount the floppy anywhere except /mnt/floppy.
Try your mount command w/ /mnt/floppy as the target directory; your files
are going there anyway, so it should work...
        THEN, when you're done cp-ing, run your command THIS WAY(!!!!)

                umount /dev/fd0

        BECAUSE YOU'RE NOT UNMOUNTING THE TARGET DIRECTORY, YOU'RE
        UNMOUNTING THE DEVICE THAT IS MOUNTED ON THAT DIRECTORY

        (Emphasis not for you, for others)