Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: July 2002:
[linux-help] Hi!!! Need some help!

To: "Linux Help" <linux-help@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [linux-help] Hi!!! Need some help!
From: "John Heffington" <john1982@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2002 23:35:17 -0500

Hi! I'm a new user of linux and would like to see if anyone would want =
to help me install it on my Gateway Solo 1400 laptop. I have included =
all system information in sysinfo.txt. I guarantee this file to be free =
of viruses. All I want is a successful installation of linux. I do have =
Linux Mandrake 8.1 Personal Edition, RedHat 7.0 Standard, and SuSE 7.0 =
Complete Package. I want to use Mandrake. I have tried to install =
Mandrake already, but I have to use alt2 kernel 2-2-19 instead 2-4-78. =
Once had the video configured, the screen configured itself to be right =
in the center with at least a 1" border around it @ 1027x768. Once I =
could not get this fixed I wet back to windows. The max refresh for my =
14.1" TFT Active Matrox display is 60 hrz @ 1027x768.

BTW, when I try to boot off 1st install CD, it will tell me that there =
are no "hdlists available" once I start getting errors during =
installation (such-n-such file could not install continue anyways?) =
After that I can't reboot off the 1st install CD anymore. Soooo, this is =
why I want some help to istall linux. I love it much better than =
WindowsXP. Thanks for your time and I hope to have linux up and running.

John

-- File: sysinfo.txt

ÿþS