Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: May 2002:
[linux-help] Re: webserver ?

To: <linux-help@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [linux-help] Re: webserver ?
From: "Koji Hayakawa" <sylf@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 21:46:13 -0500

But what kind of uplink speed do you get on SBC DSL?  I thought most of the
DSL services around here are asynchronos, with super slow uplink.  For
providing high traffic web site (with all the graphics, downloadable items,
and what not, any type of for-home or for-business broadband connection
seems to be weak.  Cohosting service (maybe provided by local company, if
you want to access the machine physically?) may be the choice of connection
for that.

But I guess it all depends on what type/volume/seriousness/purpose this web
service is going to provide....