Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: February 2002:
[linux-help] Re: XP restore/linux install

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] Re: XP restore/linux install
From: "Luke Wahlmeier" <howdyboby@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 13:03:39 -0600

Make a Linux boot disk, get the computer up and mount the drive.  When the
drive is mounted, FTP to your linux computer, and then copy any info you
need.  You would have to be pretty fluent in how to setup Net cards in
consel mode, but as long as  you can get net card running this should work.
You could also try to resize the HD partion, and install linux to the
laptop(not fun).  other then this you could always boot it up with a linux
floppy and tar suff onto flopies