Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: December 2001:
[linux-help] Re: Temporary Mail server.

To: <linux-help@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [linux-help] Re: Temporary Mail server.
From: "Dale W Hodge" <dwh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2001 18:27:14 -0600

I've done this, though at the moment I don't remember *exactly* how.
Basically you need to have your DNS records set up so that B.com is listed
as a secondary mail exchanger in the MX records.  Then you need to tell the
mail server on B.com that it is to accept mail destined for A.com. You can
either hard code this, or tell the mail sever to accept mail based on MX.
The second method, while more flexible, is less secure in than anyone can
list you in their MX and your sever will blindly accept mail for them.  Any
mail accepted for other domains will be spooled and delivery will be
attempted during normal mail runs.

I hope this explains enough.  You should be able to peruse the documentation
for your mail sever and find the exact configuration options.

--dwh

---
Dale W Hodge - dwh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Secretary & Website Maintainer - info@xxxxxxxxx