Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: November 2001:
[linux-help] Re: Slackware

To: <linux-help@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [linux-help] Re: Slackware
From: "Dustin" <dustin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2001 19:11:49 -0600

Try xf86cfg :)  4.x changed all that...  and if you're editing the config
file by hand, make sure you're changing /etc/XF86Config-4.  xvidtune still
should work, but you need to be in X to use it (it just moves the screen
dimensions around like an OSD)

---
Slackware 8.0 uses X version 4.1.0. Looking at the distribution
source, it doesn't look like there is an XF86Setup. I have actually
never set up this version of X so I don't know if there should be or
not. In previous versions of Slackware, which used X version 3.x.x,
there was an XF86Setup program.

> I tried xvidtune and Xconfigurator and neither one of them worked either.
The only one that will work is xf86config the text based X configurator. I
have to find my manual to use that one.

> I always thought that XF86Setup worked with Slackware? Any suggestions on
getting this thing set up? Thanks.