Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: October 2001:
[linux-help] Re: Screen caps

To: <linux-help@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [linux-help] Re: Screen caps
From: gLaNDix <glandix@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 04:48:53 -0500 (CDT)

it's always kinda fun to take snapshots of your X desktop remotely! : ^ )
see what's going on while you're away...

import -window root <filename>.<ext>

works nicely if you have ImageMagick installed...

.<ext> is the format it's stored in as well...  so filename.png would
actually be saved as a .png file...

gLaNDix