Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: September 2001:
[linux-help] ipfw / firewall help

To: <linux-help@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [linux-help] ipfw / firewall help
From: "gLaNDix" <glandix@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2001 20:49:48 -0500

Does anyone know of a good tutorial/how-to for IPFW on FreeBSD?  I've looked
over the firewall entry in the HOWTO, but right now I need something more
along the lines of "ok, here's a starting point for your firewall and here
are the commands to set it up...  here's also some other suggestions"-type
document...  As of right now, i've got a very basic firewall setup using the
firewall_type="simple" config, but I'm sure it could definately use some
tweaking...

I'm also running NATd on that machine and would like to know if there is a
way to set it up so I can use Napster-like programs that need incoming
connections (i guess namely AudioGalaxy and WinMX) to work properly...

I know this really belongs on a FreeBSD mailing list, but I don't know of
any FUGs (I guess that's what they'd be called) that are as small and
helpful as this list...

(btw, a link to a webpage that explains a lot of this stuff would definately
be fine...  don't really want to make someone re-describe how to do this
stuff when i'm sure it's been done atleast a "few" times)...

thx,
gLaNDix