Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: July 2001:
[linux-help] Re: Logitech optical mouse

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] Re: Logitech optical mouse
From: Marc Bachman <mbachman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 20:41:06 -0500

I am a newbie. I need to go to Newbies anonymous. What I didn't do was open up
/etc/X11/XF86Config in Text Editor like I should've. Anyway now I have a
completely new and worse problem, when I boot KDE doesn't open up and then I
get an error "cannot find XF86Config" "looked in /HOME.. " and blah blah some
other stuff. Can I fix this somehow? I  can boot into runlevel 3 and get to a
shell prompt, I think, I just don't have any real experience in filesystem
repair. Thanks in advance, Marc
Bruce Bales wrote: If you are logged in as a user and not as root, most of the
configuration commands will give you "Command not found."
Just a thought,