Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: July 2001:
[linux-help] Re: keyboard-mouse problem

To: <linux-help@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [linux-help] Re: keyboard-mouse problem
From: "lowell" <lowell@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2001 16:24:18 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: linux-help-bounce@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:linux-help-bounce@xxxxxxxxx]On
Behalf Of Marc Bachman
Sent: Sunday, July 08, 2001 10:55 AM
To: Linux Help
Subject: [linux-help] keyboard-mouse problem

I need to stop the boot procedure somehow before it gets to the
graphical login so I can try to edit my XF86 file to try and make my
keyboard and/or mouse work. How can I get to a shell prompt from the
first boot prompt? I have two big thick books on Linux and this is in
neither one. Is there a boot option that will boot me into text mode and
not the graphical login?

                I'm not sure, but perhaps if you type "linux 3" (no quotes)
                at the lilo boot prompt, that might do it...