Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: July 2001:
[linux-help] Re: No keyboard-mouse

To: <linux-help@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [linux-help] Re: No keyboard-mouse
From: gLaNDix <glandix@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2001 08:00:05 -0500 (CDT)

On Sat, 30 Jun 2001, Bruce Bales wrote:

> If I understood the question, he has neither keybd nor mouse.
> If the computer is booting up in Xwindows, can't he use "linux 3" with the
> LILO prompt to get in Linux terminal mode?  Keyboard might work then.

should work..  the reasion i mentioned protocols in the XF86Config file is
because I had the same problem when i started using the KDE Display
Manager (kdm)...  i had keyb at the LILO prompt, but as soon as X started,
i got nothing...  restarting to runlevel 1 and re-editing the XF86 file to
use the correct mouse driver fixed the problem w/ both mouse and keyb in
my case...  no clue why, but it did! : ^ )  unfortunately w/ my mouse
(Logitech Cordless MouseMan Wheel, part of the cordless keyb/mouse combo)
the interactive commandline setup prog selected the wrong protocol...  i
guess it defaults to using the serial port (Protocol=MouseManPlus) instead
of the PS/2 port (Protocol=MouseManPlusPS/2) which makes a huge
difference! : ^ )

question, though:
has anyone successfully gotten mouse/keyb working on USB connectors?  just
curious, since that is the default way of installing this combo, but
luckily it comes w/ PS/2 adapters as well...

<<< Linux lloydix 2.4.5 #2 Sun Jun 10 21:09:18 CDT 2001 i586 unknown >>>

I thought I had an appetite for destruction, but all I wanted was a
club sandwich.
                -- Homer, after "wussing out", "Homerpalooza"