Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: May 2001:
[linux-help] Problem with Red Hat 7.1

To: <linux-help@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [linux-help] Problem with Red Hat 7.1
From: Patrick Klee <drwho@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 May 2001 23:11:07 -0600

Hi all,
    I bought Red Hat 7.1 tonight at CompUSA andI installed it twice, both
graphical and text.  I even tried checking for bad blocks but I get the
error:
"Error mounting device hda1 as /: Invalid argument.
This most likely means the partition has not been formatted.
Pres OK to reboot your system."

Here is my directory structure:

hda1 = 1.2 gigs
/          = 300MB
/home      = 300MB
/usr/local = 300MB
/mnt/stuff = 240MB
SWAP       = 80

hda2  = 1.0 gig

/usr       =  1034MB

If I can't get help here I might try DejaNews, But I thouht Curtis Hawthorn,
James G and the young james with the long hair, and cool sideburns that went
to East High use Redhat, so I hope someone can help.  If you guys help,
maybe I can interest you in soem Witchblade comics or Mountain Dew.  :-)