Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: February 2001:
[linux-help] Re: Remote Distribution

To: <linux-help@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [linux-help] Re: Remote Distribution
From: "Dale W Hodge" <dwh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2001 12:11:07 -0600

I'm not familiar with CA-Mlink, so could you give me an explaination of what
that sofware does? It sounds like you need to syncronize some data on the
central server with that on the store server. You don't say what kind of
link you have between the servers, nor whether we're dealing in just the raw
data, or whether the data is being merged into a database by your
application. Also, which machines are Linux and which are SCO?

> I have tried loading the iBCS module and running the software, but I have
> run into some problems that are not allowing me to do file
> transfers or make
> modem connections.  I don't know much about iBCS and thought that maybe
> someone could give me some pointers on how to set it up and maybe get
> CA-Mlink to run on linux.

I haven't ever set up iBCS, so I can't help you there.  However, there may
be ways of accomplishing the same goals with native Linux software,
depending on your answers to my previous question.

> Any help on either software packages, iBCS, or pointers to more
> information
> on the subject would be greatly appreciated.

If no one here has any suggestions, you might want to try the linux-admin
list at vger.kernel.org.

--dwh

---
Dale W Hodge - dwh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx