Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: October 2000:
[linux-help] Re: PCMCIA Modem

To: <linux-help@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [linux-help] Re: PCMCIA Modem
From: "spiff" <spiff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2000 18:29:55 -0500

I have successfully used both a megahertz 14.4 and 33.6 modem/network pcmcia
card in a toshiba satellite.

I would think any newer versions of the same would work as well.  Nice
feature of these cards are the xjack.  you don't have to carry a dongle for
the modem, it pops out of the end of the card.  There is a dongle for the
10baseT net connection.

Lemme know if you need more info.  They pretty much went in plug and play
for me....

Seth aka spiff

PS... guess I am sold on USR or 3com products....