Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: September 2000:
[linux-help] Re: request for help

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] Re: request for help
From: Nate Bargmann <n0nb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 19:50:20 -0500

On Tue, Sep 12, 2000 at 05:41:08PM -0700, mbachman wrote:
> Dear Linux-help,
> I have recently begun to try to become familiar with a supposedly
> user-friendly version,Corel Linux The problem is that it just isn't that
> friendly and there has not been a source for help that gets me running.
> The list of problems is long and I wondered if you could help.  If so
> please spell out the terms. Sincerely, mbachman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

For starters, Corel is based on Debian GNU/Linux and much of what
applies to Debian will likely apply to Corel.  You might wish
to poke around the debian-user mailing list archives over at
http://www.debian.org and see what might be there.  That list
doesn't provide Corel specific support, although there are a
few Corel users on the list.  I do recall Corel having some
newsgroups setup at one time, but I'm not sure if they are still
publicly available.

My guess is that if you spend time with Debian documentation
(especially that for Slink, a.k.a. Debian 2.1) you may be able
to work out most things from that.

HTH,

- Nate >>

--
 Wireless | Amateur Radio Station N0NB          | "None can love freedom
 Internet | n0nb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx               | heartily, but good