Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: August 2000:
[linux-help] program won't execute.

To: "linux-help@xxxxxxxxx" <linux-help@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [linux-help] program won't execute.
From: mjacobs <mjacobs@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2000 12:01:36 -0500

    I have tried everything I can think of to make this program execute, but
bash tells me it can't find it. I have set permissions to 777 and still bash
won't find the script to execute it, the directories seem to have correct
permissions. The shell/path is #!/bin/sh and a  whereis sh = sh: /bin/sh.  I
can vi the file at will, and the script's firsrt 2 commands are "echo".   Here
is an example of the problem:

root@hal:/usr/local/httpd/htdocs/mh/bin > ls -l configure
-rwxrwxrwx   1 root     root          964 Aug  7 10:47 configure
root@hal:/usr/local/httpd/htdocs/mh/bin > ./configure
bash: ./configure: No such file or directory
root@hal:/usr/local/httpd/htdocs/mh/bin >
/usr/local/httpd/htdocs/mh/bin/configure
bash: /usr/local/httpd/htdocs/mh/bin/configure: No such file or directory

Can anyone tell my why I can't run this script?

thanks
Mark