Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: July 2000:
[linux-help] reinstall with home backup

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] reinstall with home backup
From: Craig Terhune <craigter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 20:41:00 -0500

I have tared my home dir and would like to
reinstall my whole sys. I used the command  tar
-cf /backup/home/home.tar /home will this get
everything that I need. I looked at the size of
the file and it was 391meg pleanty big enough.
If  I reinstall and restore the tar file will
things be like they are now?

--  Unwritten man page: Understanding Linux
thru better medication Maintained by Timothy Leary