Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: July 2000:
[linux-help] Re: ispell's dictionary

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] Re: ispell's dictionary
From: John Reinke <jmreinke@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 2 Jul 2000 15:36:40 -0500

In that directory are binary files (such as americanmed+.hash). I'd guess
those are the dictionaries. Binary files don't take up as much room and are
also therefore quicker to search. I don't know what format is used for the
files, so you might want to research how to translate the dictionary to
ASCII if that's what you need.

john