Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: hpcomm: July 2001:
Virus Warning!!!!

To: <hpcomm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Virus Warning!!!!
From: "James" <james@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 05:51:21 +0200

Hello all

It seems that noone learned from the "I love you"-lesson :-(

I'm getting flooded with virus infected mail. There was also a mail sent to
this list that cotained this virus:

From: Extroblues
Subject: pulp
Body:
Hola como estas ?

Te mando este archivo para que me des tu punto de vista

Nos vemos pronto, gracias.

DON'T OPEN THE ATTACHMENT!!!!!!! DELETE THIS MAIL

The attachment seems to be a document, but in fact it is a worm called
W32.Sircam.Worm@mm
(http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.sircam.worm@xxxxxxx)

Here you'll find instructions how to remove it if you got already infected:
http://www.europe.f-secure.com/v-descs/sircam.shtml

So please, don't open any attachment you get.....

Regards

James