Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: hpcomm: January 2000:
Re: HPcomm as a development environment

To: "Grant Nicklin, Surveyor" <gnicklin@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: hpcomm@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: HPcomm as a development environment
From: Mitch Davis <mjd@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 02 Jan 2000 15:57:42 +1100

Grant Nicklin, Surveyor wrote:

> I have been trying to use HPcomm and Windows notepad to
> develop programs.  Has anyone else tried this?  I am having
> some difficulties with inconsistant communications with my
> HP48.

Hi Grant,

Happy New Year, and thanks for using HPComm.  What sort of
problems have you been having?

> Also, what about a program editor built into HPcomm?
> Something like the PDL.

If you wanted to add this, the source code for HPComm
is freely available.

Eventually however, we plan to rewrite HPComm so that instead
of being a standalone program which mimics Windows Explorer,
it's actually a Windows filesystem.  That way, you'll be able
to save and load programs and data directly to the calculator
from your favourite applications, including your favourite
existing editor.

Nice idea?

Regards,

Mitch.