Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: hpcomm-dev: March 2000:
Multinationalisation patch

To: Jean-Pierre Bergamin <james@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: andrews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, hpcomm-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Multinationalisation patch
From: Mitch Davis <mjd@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2000 19:18:04 +1100

Dear James,

Here's my patch to add multinationalisation to HPComm.  It now
works with the HP49G set to French and Spanish, and makes it
trivial to add other languages in the future.

It also has support for EVERY object type the HP4x calcs understand
(we previously only had a subset).

In here is the review diff (against R3_0_R2_FIX branch), plus the
two .bmp files that have been updated.

Other readers: Please feel free to apply this patch and test it
if you like.

There are two bugs:

 - Windows is supposed to regard the top-left pixel of the .bmp
   as the transparent colour.  It's not, so the icons have a white
   border.  Especially noticable if the system colours are set so
   that the list pane is not white.

 - The small icon set is just a scaled down version of the large
   icon set.  It needs to be hand-tweaked, otherwise the icons look
   very poor.  But you'll get the idea.

Could you look over the review diff please and tell me if you like
it?

Andrew wants this done ASAP (doesn't he always) so we can get
some more CDs pressed.

Thanks,

Mitch.
--