Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: hpcomm-dev: February 2000:
Can't connect upgraded 48G

To: <hpcomm-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Can't connect upgraded 48G
From: "Kurt" <twm@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Feb 2000 09:40:10 -0600

I own a 48G upgraded to 512K by CYNOX (256k System RAM, 128k Port 2, 128k Port
3). I cannot connect at all using HPComm v3.0r2. It fails at "Getting
calculator information" then asks me to make sure my calculator is in Server
Mode, which it is. I was able to connect my upgraded 48G when I after it was
upgraded. It wasn't until after I installed a library into Port 2 that I
started having problems. I can connect a friends 48G+ successfully using HPComm
v3.0r2. Both calculators transfers settings are identical.

I can connect my 48G using 'HP 48 Explorer 1.2.3', a program similar to HPComm.
However, 'HP 48 Explorer 1.2.3' only allows me to download the calculator not
upload. Actually it allowed me to upload once.

I suspect the upgraded RAM configuration is to blame, but I do not have the
expertise to test this theory. I would appreciate any help.

Kurt Richeson

PS: I have seen similar complaints from 49G users.