[gopher] Re: Hello there!

To: gopher@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gopher] Re: Hello there!
From: Freddy Cruger <freddy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 06 Aug 2009 18:09:33 +0200

My server is a private machine, connected to the Internet over DSL and
using DynDNS. My dream is that one days I'll be able to let my machine
stay connected to the Internet permanently, with no need to care about
how much the electricity will cost.
When my machine is online, you can access it under DNS name
port.selfip.org. I have HTTP (Apache 1.3), FTP (vsftpd), email
(sendmail), gopher (pygopherd), maybe something else I can't remember
now. For some time I tried to get up an own BBS - I think the best
software was WWIV or so. At the moment, I don't run any BBS, but later
I'm going to get it up again, I just want to understand everything and
make it correctly, not just in the quick and dirty way - of course, it
will take its time.
I like the old things, like sendmail, gopher and so on, often the oldest
things are the best ones, like ed, for example.
What I like on this mailing list is that I got to it without any
problems and that there is really any life on there. On the most other
mailing list there are problems because of spamhaus and missing mail
server certificates, as far as I can undersand it, and the only one I
successfully got on before this here was bumplist where you all the time
get bumped and where seems not to be any life at all.=20

=D0=92 =D0=A7=D1=82=D0=B2, 06/08/2009 =D0=B2 09:47 -0500, Benn Newman =D0=
=BF=D0=B8=D1=88=D0=B5=D1=82: