Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: gopher: January 2009:
[gopher] Re: Fwd: gopher and IPv6

To: gopher@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gopher] Re: Fwd: gopher and IPv6
From: Mate Nagy <k-zed@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 19:19:05 +0100

Hiyo,
> after some tries to enable public access to my home gopher reliably (read:
> without NAT and other evil stuff), i'd like to set up an IPv6 gopher. But: i
> haven't yet managed to have any gopher daemon bind to an IPv6 port yet.
> What i tried so far is: GoFish and pygopherd.
> Anyone did this before? Or is there a gopher server that runs from xinetd?
> Have until now only tried standalone servers (the two named above).
 there are a zillion gopher servers that run from inetd (the humble
poster the author of one of them :).

> Oh and BTW: anyone run across a Veronica and/or a HOWTO on maintaining it?
 i index/search my personal gopherspace with hyperestraier and a couple
of scripts. It's pretty handy (of course it can't spider through
multiple servers, I indexed the file system directly... altho it
supports external spiders, maybe someone could write a gopher one).

Mate