Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: gopher: January 2009:
[gopher] OverbiteFF 1.1.1420 released

To: gopher@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gopher] OverbiteFF 1.1.1420 released
From: Cameron Kaiser <spectre@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2009 23:10:53 -0800 (PST)

OverbiteFF 1.1 build 1420 has been released -- happy new year!

This version has a couple of minor display niggles fixed, along with "dotless"
support to suppress the terminal period that appears to trip up the Mozilla
XML parser. This means SVGs will now display properly in this version.

This is the final version to support Firefox 2 (although if a critical
security hole is found in the near future, I may still release an emergency
patch-up, but I will definitely be taking the hacks for Mozilla 1.8 out for
version 1.2).

        gopher://gopher.floodgap.com/1/overbite
        http://gopher.floodgap.com/overbite

Also, if anyone wants to put up any more reviews on the Mozilla Add-on site

it would be appreciated (looks like we had a dope reviewer spoil the soup).
I'm not sure why it hasn't been approved yet; it's been a number of months.

I should finally mention that I have removed OverbiteCa for Camino from the
roadmap; there are some sizeable roadblocks to getting it running in 1.6.
There might be hope for Camino 2.0 but it's very low on my priority list now
(I plan to actually start working on not only OverbiteFF with extra added
tasty XUL, but also now that there is a somewhat functional Linux AIR, I'm
also getting some design together for the Overbite AIR version).

Stay tuned for bucktooth 0.2.6 this weekend.

  Cameron Kaiser * Floodgap Systems * www.floodgap.com * ckaiser@xxxxxxxxxxxx
-- It's not an optical illusion. It just looks like one. -- Phil White --------