Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: gopher: May 2008:
[gopher] Re: pygopherd installation: http working, gopher not

To: gopher@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gopher] Re: pygopherd installation: http working, gopher not
From: chris <chris@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 8 May 2008 11:11:02 -0500

I use Lynx or the old (UMN) gopher client mostly.
Sometimes from the GUI I use Opera or Firefox through a squid proxy, if
for instance, I am browsing web pages that require newer browsers at
the same time as I am gophering.
Cameron's OverbiteFF is an exciting new extension for FF3.
I happen to have a local squid proxy so that's just what I use (same
"fix" for multiple browsers).
JumpJet has some various clients listed there as well you could look
at.
My suggestion is if you want it integrated into your web browsing
experience get OverbiteFF. Especially if your in MS since you wont be
browsing from console and wont be running squid.
Otherwise Lynx rocks.

Chris
gopher://hal3000.cx