Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: gopher: April 2008:
[gopher] Re: Bucktooth questions about Content Negotiation and hiding .f

To: gopher@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gopher] Re: Bucktooth questions about Content Negotiation and hiding .files
From: Cameron Kaiser <spectre@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 05:48:00 -0700 (PDT)

> Some of the files on my server rely on HTTP content negotiation to =20
> serve the right language. Currently I am just listing the English =20
> versions in my gophermaps, but have <link rel=3D"alternate" =20
> href=3D"FILENAME.fr" hreflang=3D"fr"> and so on for the other languages. =
=20
> This again relies on Apache to select the html file since I don't =20
> provide ".html" suffixes (some might be .xhtml .shtml or .php =97 I =20
> can't be bothered to update all the links if I PHP-ify some file or =20
> other).
> Is there a way to do this kind of auto-selection from Gopher? Perhaps =20
> bucktooth could glob for files matching FILENAME.KNOWNSUFFIX if some =20
> config was set to activate this and provide a list of known suffixes =20
> (with priority order).

I don't quite understand what you're trying to do -- can you be a little
more explicit?

> Secondly, is there a way to have bucktooth not list files that begin =20
> with a dot, other than creating a gophermap file in every folder with =20
> [a-zA-Z1-9]+ as it's contents :)

I'll file this as a bug for the next version. Until then, you can use
a single line in a gophermap to trigger gopher globbing, which does not
get . files unless you ask for them:

?*[tab]

--=20
------------------------------------ personal: http://www.cameronkaiser.com=
/ --
  Cameron Kaiser * Floodgap Systems * www.floodgap.com * ckaiser@floodgap.c=
om
-- All science is either physics or stamp collecting. -- Ernest Rutherford =
----