Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: gopher: February 2008:
[gopher] Re: Forums, Resources, and Services

To: gopher@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gopher] Re: Forums, Resources, and Services
From: Cameron Kaiser <spectre@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2008 21:58:10 -0800 (PST)

> > > 3) The Floodgap World Wide Web (http) Pubilc Gopher Proxy (document
> > > viewing only; as attempting to download ZIP files will cause the archive
> > > to be renamed "gw.zip", and the download will often become corrupted):

> > This sounds like a browser issue. Can you be more specific and/or provide
> > a specific URL?

> Have comparisons of Windows FireFox, IE6, and Lynx; both direct and
> through your proxy.  Can't attach screenshots in this mailgroup, so will
> email you directly at your "spook" address.

Unfortunately, the screenshots do not help me. I don't have IE6 (this is
a Mac). Can you send me the zip file that IE6 downloads so I can test it?

Please also note that there is no reliable way to control for the filename.
I use a Content-disposition header to suggest it, but browsers are free to
ignore it.

  Cameron Kaiser * Floodgap Systems * www.floodgap.com * ckaiser@xxxxxxxxxxxx
-- Understanding is a three-edged sword. -- Babylon 5, "Deathwalker" ----------