Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: gopher: January 2008:
[gopher] OverbiteFF almost done

To: gopher@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gopher] OverbiteFF almost done
From: Cameron Kaiser <spectre@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2008 00:08:52 -0800 (PST)

gopher://gopher.floodgap.com/I/overbiteff2.jpg

I still have to do some work on file extensions and itemtypes 0 and 3, along
with transparent remapping of the phony GET selector trick, but the core code
is operational as you can see. I tested it on Windows as well.

- Item types 01345789TgIs;h are all supported directly.

- hURLs are supported directly.

- New and greater numbers of icons, including special icons for multiple
document types and hURLs.

- gopherchrome/ is implemented, allowing you to define your own style sheet
and icons.

- Localization/internationalization is built in (wink to Stegozor). I hope
to ship with several language packs built in.

- SOCKS proxy support works.

Please don't mention this until FF3 stabilizes and is released from beta,
since I don't want to upset the apple cart.

  Cameron Kaiser * Floodgap Systems * www.floodgap.com * ckaiser@xxxxxxxxxxxx
-- Two rules for ultimate life satisfaction: 1) Don't tell people everything. -