Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: gopher: September 2006:
[gopher] Re: embedded gopher servers

To: gopher@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gopher] Re: embedded gopher servers
From: Cameron Kaiser <spectre@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 07:40:42 -0700 (PDT)

> Possibly a glaring oversight on the part of the openwrt distribution
> people- they include an http server to run on the router, yet there
> seems to be no trace of a gopher server for said distro.
>
> Does anybody have any idea if such a package might exist for it? If
> not, I'm not beyond poking at source code, but I'd rather not
> re-invent the wheel

UMN gopherd is pretty much dead, but depending on your proclivities,

Python fiends like pyGopher: gopher://gopher.quux.org/
Perl demons might like Bucktooth (shameless plug):
        gopher://gopher.floodgap.com/

Both of these are relatively small and should fit within the firmware confines
of an embedded system like this (you may need to cross-configure Bucktooth
on a bigger box and import the outputted object, though).

--
--------------------------------- personal: http://www.armory.com/~spectre/ ---
  Cameron Kaiser * Floodgap Systems * www.floodgap.com * ckaiser@xxxxxxxxxxxx