Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: gopher: July 2006:
[gopher] Re: Does anyone have GopherVR?

To: gopher@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gopher] Re: Does anyone have GopherVR?
From: JumpJet Mailbox <jumpjetinfo@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2006 14:26:35 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks for your feedback.
  I already have the Macintosh version called "TurboGopherVR".  The versions
that I lack are called "GopherVR".  GopherVR was once available in the
following UNIX flavors:
  AIX
  DEC Alpha
  Linux
  SGI Irix
  Sun Solaris (i386)
  Sun Solaris (sparc)
  Sun SunOS
  Do you know where I can get these versions (the ones on BoomBox and its
mirrors are ALL corrupt)?

  For the most complete collection of all the worlds Gopher Clients and
Servers, please visit:  gopher://home.jumpjet.info/11\Begin_Here

SiMpLe MaChInEs <simple@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  JumpJet Mailbox wrote:

> I still have not been contacted by anyone who may have GopherVR
> clients. I have personally tried to contact administrators at
> Minnesota University about the BoomBox FTP server files being
> corrupted, but I have not received any response from them either.
> If anyone has GopherVR, I desperately need a copy for archiving on
> gopher://home.jumpjet.info/11\Begin_Here, so these files will not
> become lost forever. Thanks.

I think there's a copy here:

gopher://caramba.cs.tu-berlin.de/11/pub/mac/com

Specifically,

(BIN) TurboGopherVR_2.1a4.fat.sea.bin
(FILE) TurboGopher_2.0.intro
(BIN) TurboGopher_2.0.sit.bin