Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: gopher: July 2006:
[gopher] Re: The number of a Mozilla bug that was fixed

To: gopher@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gopher] Re: The number of a Mozilla bug that was fixed
From: Cameron Kaiser <spectre@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2006 20:35:07 -0700 (PDT)

> > I think it's 118438.
>
> Right, that's it, thank you.
>
> Also a side question, Cameron: Is gopher only able to display 7 bit
> ASCII characters, or can it also display 8 bit characters (_, _, _)? I
> mean, if you had a say French version of your gopher site, would it be
> technically possible to put it online? ;)

Gopher doesn't care about the encoding of what it serves, which is to say,
eight-bit data is not excluded by the protocol (just not explicitly
supported).

I do still have those files and the gopher is due for an overhaul when I
get back from the east coast.

--
--------------------------------- personal: http://www.armory.com/~spectre/ ---
  Cameron Kaiser * Floodgap Systems * www.floodgap.com * ckaiser@xxxxxxxxxxxx