Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: gopher: February 2006:
[gopher] Re: Rally around the Gopher!

To: gopher@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gopher] Re: Rally around the Gopher!
From: Cameron Kaiser <spectre@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2006 19:05:48 -0800 (PST)

> > I noticed that NOAA's Gopher stopped working awhile ago and finaly got
> > around to find out why:
> > http://www.sec.noaa.gov/ftpdir/SECNEWS.txt
> > Fellow Gopher customers: This is a critical service!

> Must not be very critical if you just now found out that it was discontinued
> in the middle of 2005 ... (-:

Don't worry about it. The Floodgap Groundhog is based on this service, so you
can still get it there if NOAA declines to put it back up. It takes its
data from the HTTP-based menus.

--
--------------------------------- personal: http://www.armory.com/~spectre/ ---
  Cameron Kaiser * Floodgap Systems * www.floodgap.com * ckaiser@xxxxxxxxxxxx