Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: gopher: February 2006:
[gopher] gopher references

To: gopher@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gopher] gopher references
From: Richard Roberts <rich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 01:22:42 +0000

Stumbled across an on-line copy of an Addison & Wesley book,
"The Internet Publishing Handbook  For World-Wide Web, Gopher, and WAIS"
 author: Mike Franks

http://mikeandnaomi.com/book/

I'm not sure how useful it'll be for folks who can discuss the
intricacies of the protocol ;) but chapter 3 might be worth pointing
out as a quick overview for teh noobs? (like my good self!)

(I've had this in my draft tray for aaaaages, but I seem only to send
when there's a brief flurry of activity. Fickle? not 'alf!)

Regards,
Rich

--
Richard Roberts
Ents. Supervisor

the Union,
The Student Centre,
Cambridge Rd,
Portsmouth,
PO1 2EF

t    023 92843640
f    023 92843667
w    www.upsu.net

It's 2am. Do you know who's reading your email?
Public encryption key: http://userweb.port.ac.uk/~robertsr/pubkey.asc
80A9 4083 AC09 DC74 EAC4  086E DF1D 822B 82F3 FB50