Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: gopher: November 2005:
[gopher] Re: Bot update

To: gopher@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gopher] Re: Bot update
From: Cameron Kaiser <spectre@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 19:25:47 -0800 (PST)

> I had thought putting it on cd for starters was a good idea and I would like
> to reserve one myself if you do.

So would I, or DVD, or whatever. Obviously it would have to be a lot of them.

> Perhaps Floodgaps veronica can handle such a large database I don't know.

It could, but only as gopher menu titles; I'm not set up to handle full-text
and for that matter neither was the original Veronica, although many did add
some kinds of full-text search later on. V-2 has around 1.2 million selectors
in its database and helsinki can traverse it in a few seconds, even being the
modest 500MHz G3 Macintosh that it is, so that's not a problem there.

--
--------------------------------- personal: http://www.armory.com/~spectre/ ---
  Cameron Kaiser * Floodgap Systems * www.floodgap.com * ckaiser@xxxxxxxxxxxx