Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: gopher: November 2005:
[gopher] Re: GopherJ Question

To: gopher@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gopher] Re: GopherJ Question
From: Jeff <geph@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2005 00:31:45 -0600

On Thu, 03 Nov 2005 00:17:59 -0600, Jeff <geph@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello,
>     It's a planned feature.  On my own computer I have associated all
> no-extension files with notepad so I normally don't have a problem
> opening
> the textfiles..  You can modify and merge the attached .reg into your
> registry if you want that setting.  It's just something I overlooked.
> Sorry :)

Bah I couldn't attach the file.  Create a .reg file and add this to it:

[-- Start of regfile (copy text below this line) --]

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*file]
@="No Extension"
"EditFlags"=hex:00,00,00,00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*file\Shell]
@=""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*file\Shell\open]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*file\Shell\open\command]
@="notepad.exe \"%1\""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*file\DefaultIcon]
@="C:\\path\\to\\notepad.exe,0"

[-- End of regfile --]