Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: gopher: October 2005:
[gopher] Re: Bot update

To: gopher@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gopher] Re: Bot update
From: Alessandro Selli <dhatarattha@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 09:42:03 +0100

John Goerzen wrote:
> Here's an update on the gopher bot:
>
> There is currently 28G of data archived representing 386,315
> documents.  1.3 million documents remain to be visited, from
> approximately 20 very large Gopher servers.  I believe, then, that the
> majority of gopher servers have been cached by this point.  3,987
> different servers are presently represented in the archive.

   Amazing.  I dare say: too good to be true!
Are you definitively, positively sure about all this stuff beeing served
by so many active Gopher servers?
   By the way, i really need to update my gopher site.  I also need to
correct my Imap2Gopher script the way Cameron suggested me to do.

--
Alessandro Selli
Tel: 340.839.73.05