Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: gopher: September 2005:
[gopher] new changes afoot at Floodgap

To: gopher@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gopher] new changes afoot at Floodgap
From: Cameron Kaiser <spectre@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2005 12:03:49 -0700 (PDT)

Now it can be revealed! --

Lots of new stuff going on at gopher.floodgap.com.

Veronica-2:
- Internal changes to V-2 allowing smarter back-end caching.
- Host purge.

NEW -- Flood Feeds, a newsfeeds interface for Gopher. Right now it's populated
with headline news from Voice of America, but other feeds could be adapted.
There is also about 9 months worth of back news for browsing also (yes, it's
been acquiring continuously for some time), and it will be searchable in
Veronica-2. Ironically, today's news seems to be missing, but I think that's
because my mail host has been acting up (was up until 3am trying to repair it
last night).

Fun and games, including such time wasters as:
- Figlet gateway (lots of fonts)
- Phases of the moon
- Gateway to /usr/games/fortune
- ASCII art coming soon
- Humour database?

Updated new sites list.

Bucktooth 0.1-pr6:
- Not much different, just some custodial updates to the bundle. The actual
code is minimally changed.

Have fun!

 Cameron Kaiser, Floodgap Systems Ltd * So. Calif., USA * ckaiser@xxxxxxxxxxxx
-- Two wrongs don't make a right, but they do make a great TV movie. ----------