Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: gopher: June 2005:
[gopher] Re: Camino beats Firefox to the punch

To: gopher@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gopher] Re: Camino beats Firefox to the punch
From: Cameron Kaiser <spectre@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 18:28:50 -0700 (PDT)

> > Camino now properly has i itemtype in the most recent 0.9 alpha build,
> > which means Camino 0.9 stable will probably emerge before Firefox 1.1.
> > Mac users, download 0.9a1 from www.caminobrowser.org.
>
> Now as in "just now"?  Firefox has had that for a while in the dev
> builds.  I'm using it now.
>
> gopher://nakhbi.aaronjangel.us/G/tech/firefox.png
>
> I can't find the bug report where it was added (if indeed there was
> one), but it's been in Firefox for a while.

Yes, I'm aware it's been in the codebase for some time. My point is that
Camino might be first to *stable release* with one (note I didn't say
nightly build above; the fact Camino is releasing a formal 0.9alpha implies
that a stable 0.9 is just around the corner).

 Cameron Kaiser, Floodgap Systems Ltd * So. Calif., USA * ckaiser@xxxxxxxxxxxx
-- Assassinate me you may; intimidate me you cannot. -- John Philpot Curran ---