Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: gopher: March 2004:
[gopher] Re: gopher front

To: gopher@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gopher] Re: gopher front
From: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2004 11:11:18 -0600

On Fri, Mar 05, 2004 at 04:19:18PM +0100, Filip Stefaniak wrote:
> hello,
> Im quite new to gopher.
> Where I have to place a text which is shown before other links, like eg in
> gopherproject.org:

Hi Filip,

The answer depends on which gopher server you run.

With UMN gopherd (which is no longer suggested), you will have to add
files of type 'i' to your .names file.

With Bucktooth, you need to create a "gophermap" file and just add lines
of text.

With PyGopherd, you can do either the above, or you can create a file
named .abstract in directory and place the text in there.

-- John