Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: gopher: December 2003:
[gopher] V-2 robot temporary downtime

To: gopher@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gopher] V-2 robot temporary downtime
From: Cameron Kaiser <spectre@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 20:43:37 -0800 (PST)

I had a nasty crash on gopher.floodgap.com that corrupted the Veronica-2
database. Unfortunately, the last valid backup was about a week old, so
quite a few new selectors are lost and will need to be reindexed.

The robot is temporarily offline while I investigate what happened. Meanwhile,
an image of the backup is up to allow searching during the analysis. Indexing
should resume again soon, although some sites will need moderate recrawling.

 Cameron Kaiser, Floodgap Systems Ltd * So. Calif., USA * ckaiser@xxxxxxxxxxxx
-- Death to spammers! http://spam.abuse.net/spam/ -----------------------------