[gopher] Content of gopher sites

To: gopher@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gopher] Content of gopher sites
From: Thomas <Thomas.F.ML@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 00:33:01 +0700

Hello list,

when I first encountered gopher in 1995, it was that part of
cyberworld to go to when doing academic research.

Most of the gopher sites I find now are interesting for research only
in a historical manner; either I'm not using Veronica correctly or
there are no new research papers in gopher-space. I have looked for
sites on Organisational Behaviour (Conflict Management) and on
Wireless Networking (IEEE 802.11) with no success.

I followed the thread about whether gopher makes more sense than http
from a download aspect - but what about contents? What do you guys
look for in gopher-space?

--
Cheers,
Thomas.

Personnel executives of 100 major corporations were asked for stories
of unusual behavior by job applicants. 5. "Interrupted to phone his
therapist for advice on answering specific interview questions."

Message reply created with The Bat! 2.0 Beta/5
under Chinese Windows 98 4.10 Build 2222 A
using a Pentium P4 1.7 GHz, 128MB RAM