Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: gopher: June 2003:
[gopher] Veronica-2 sleeps^Wwakes up tonight

To: gopher@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gopher] Veronica-2 sleeps^Wwakes up tonight
From: Cameron Kaiser <spectre@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 19:14:36 -0700 (PDT)

The gopherbot is set to start the new index procedure tonight. Have your
robots.txt files in place if you want (any resources) to be excluded.

Since the bot is new, it may reindex stuff a couple of times if I notice a
bug and force it to redo certain sections. Don't worry -- if this happens,
it's because I told it to do so, and it should not happen more than a couple
of times.

Specific concerns, please bring to my attention ASAP. Otherwise, look forward
to the new Veronica-2 very soon, as once a selector is processed and indexed,
it can be searched immediately. This means that once I've gotten a good number
of servers processed, I'll start queries against helsinki, and it should
not take more than a week or two to get a nice, fat index running.

 Cameron Kaiser, Floodgap Systems Ltd * So. Calif., USA * ckaiser@xxxxxxxxxxxx
-- BOND THEME NOW PLAYING: "On Her Majesty's Secret Service" ------------------